Mission statement: To provide support to the local community regional, national and international through volunteerism, services, information, and money.
Report to the 2022 Annual Meeting 1/29/23
Committee: Co-Chairs: Tammy Carissimi and Melita Harris
Members at Large: Ann Kuegler, Claudia Deary, Colleen Maillot, Karen Langin, Karen Obar, Lowell Dwyer, Kathie Trowbridge, Elaine Quicquaro, Chris Faressa
- Valentines for Vets: Make cards to be delivered to vets all over the state. Random acts of kindness campaign for us.
- Easter: Baskets for children at Safe Haven. 36 gently used purses from the congregation filled with personal care products distributed to Safe Haven and Susan B. Anthony.
- New Beginnings: Back to school clothing and book bags for six children in Watertown (local, July-August) through the school system for children in need.
- Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes (International, Nov.). 25 shoeboxes.
- Jesse Tree: Adopt a family. This past Christmas we took on 4 families with 12 children. We provided clothing including coats and many gift cards including food.
- Caroling: our second year. Two nursing homes, congregants and non-congregants. Many more singers!
- Foodbank (local) weekly. Includes birthday kits.
- New: Lasagna Love: Makes and distribute lasagnas locally. Freeze extra for future needs.
- Ongoing: Our parish continues to support local groups (NA, Girl Scouts, Alanon, Watertown Lions Club, and Sun, Moon, and Stars.)
- Emergency help: Our parish generously assisted with donations of coats for two children.
- Fundraisers: 10% of the profits go to various outreach projects.
Expansion for 2023: Provide food to seniors at the end of the month and others with food insecurities.
- Attend Ecumenical Council and participate in Harvest Dinner if resumed.
- Establish relationships with other groups, churches, or philanthropic groups to expand outreach in our community and increase impact as COVID allows.
Melita Harris, Tammy Carissimi